Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days --- Not for me!!

Oh, I love getting out of school for them, but they are a nightmare for me food wise. I have fallen off the wagon and the damned thing has run me over!! We were out yesterday and today and well, my old junky ways just come right back at me! I junk out and I don't even have junk in the house. I just end up eating too many crackers or pretzels, quit tracking, quit doing everything I now I must do. So, surely we will be in school tomorrow.

I'm feeling a little depressed and I'm not sure why? I mean, I have (until yesterday) have been eating right, I am exercising ( did at least still do that today and yesterday), and am just feeling down. Maybe its the season! Who knows. Been fighting with the hubby. He's been terribly cynical about everything lately and its driving me crazy. He was home with me all day yesterday and well, I was definitely glad he went back to work today. I love him dearly but he goes through these spells where he is negative about everything and honestly thinks he's upbeat all the time. Really? Listen to yourself. Anyway, I don't think that's helping my mood any either. Now, I know I have been in a "people are driving me crazy" mood lately, evident in some of my postings, so one would think maybe its me. And well, maybe it is............but everyone else is noticing his moods too, so maybe he's hormonal, right? Maybe he is going through "men"opause!

Well, just another rant! Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

Susie said...

Hi hi!

The winter months are hard on you, especially when it's cold and dreary. Have you thought about getting one of those special light fixtures - I forget what they're called.

My hubby goes through those negative spells sometimes too. One of my daughters started saying, "Okay Dad, say 3 nice things about them too." And she'd say that everytime he said something negative. It was shocking to him how often that would come up and made him realize how negative he really was at times.

Be gentle with yourself. Baby steps, baby steps. Pick one thing today and focus on that. Something easy... drinking water?

Suz

bbubblyb said...

Hang in there tomorrow is a new day.

Lynn said...

Tomorrow is a new day. Just get right back on track. You can do this!

Anonymous said...

season? carbs too low perhaps? for me the one time I tried REALLY lessening mine I grew depressed.

just a thought.

Miz.

Danielle said...

I kind of gave me some comfort to hear that you are fighting with the hubby lately. Not because I enjoy your suffering but because we are going through a hard time in our house right now. My husband's job is really hard on him and he is also having some seasonal depression (not really bad but still there). There is also the fact that I am making changes that he is not used too. Anyway. I always think (in that part of my mind) that things can't get tense if we are going to survive... I know you guys have had many great years together... you get my point.

Thanks for the post.

Carlos said...

lol... menopause...

Skye-Lynn said...

"Men"opause. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who believes men go through this, too! :o) Sorry to hear your under the weather. I'm sure it's the combination of everything you're going through. Just remember that's what we're here for. Vent to us and then let it go. Take care, my dear.

Anonymous said...

I am the husband. I have gotten so much better about being positvie and my wife helps me out a lot on that (in a good way though). I will always feel down when I am fighting with her. I just don't like the broken fellowship.

I was feeling blue for awhile there. I had a hard time not junking too. Keep up the good work. sometimes these blues just hit us. Great job

Debby said...

Vent away. That's what we're here for!

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting