Saturday, January 31, 2009

I want PIZZA!

Okay, I have been having a terrible craving for pizza! I think it was from Debby the other day talking about her personal pan pizza, because ever since, I have wanted pizza. No, I'm not talking about no damned "skinny" pizza either. I want a pizza loaded with sausage, pepperoni, and lots of artery-clogging cheese! Oooey, gooey, melted-stringy cheese. Oh, and not thin crust as you might have on your "skinny" pizza. Deep-dish OF COURSE!

I don't know if its because we are "SUPER BOWL-ing" tomorrow and the stores are packed with all the snack stuff, or if its just that I love sabotaging my own efforts. Who knows? I just want some damned pizza! I am, basically, junk-food's bitch! It definitely is my weakness. Any and all kinds. I'm more of the salty bitch than the sweet bitch!

Whew, ok, I had to get that out. I had to put it somewhere because I am not getting pizza. At least not tonight. If and/when I eat pizza again, I will have to make it a controlled setting for sure. Sounds like I am in a prison and I am an inmate or something, but I definitely am prisoner to junk food!

Okay, gonna go exercise because this is driving me totally F-ing insane! See ya!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

You don't sound any different than anyone else. I WANT PIZZA ALL DAY, EVERYDAY! You made me laugh out loud because I know the feeling of having a craving that bad. One that you have to litterally talk about out-loud or it might eat you from the inside (or outside)!

Well. I hope you eat it if you want it (but in a controlled setting... like going to the mall and getting a piece and not bringing two larges into the house)!

Debby said...

Noooooo stay strong! I can't handle the guilt of sending someone off the deep end! I'd be forced to jump in after you to save your butt!!! Hmmmmmm now that's not a half bad idea! lol Bad Debby!!!

I'm a salty, crunchy, girl myself!

I do actually talk out loud to myself about not eating food. The other day I was in Wal-Mart and I rounded the corner and was in the candy aisle! Laying on the floor were 4 packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...my all time favorite sweet as it's salty too. I said out loud 'oh for the love of all that is holy what are you doing to me???' There was a man standing there looking at me like I was nuts. He might have been right!

Lynn said...

I do think a lot of it is from the signals throughout the grocery store and other places. The junk food that is being promoted for the SuperBowl. I know I had the same issue with chips and salsa today. I wanted it so badly. But I rushed out of the grocery store with what I went for and nothing more.

BUT if the cravings are so strong, maybe you should fine a place that you can have a slice and not any more. Satisfy the craving and then get back on track? Would that work?

Unknown said...

I can so relate to what you are saying! I think we all go through periods of "I MUST HAVE IT AND I MUST HAVE IT NOW!" My cravings usually involve chocolate! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I look forward to following your blog.

Losinthisdangfat said...

Yeah, I totally know what you are going through! I had the worst craving for pizza 2 days ago! I ordered some pizza from Little Caesar's and it was SO YUMMY!!!!!
I felt sort of bad that I ate it because it is, afterall, pizza! But then I also exercised for 1 1/2 hours that morning. So I worked it off. I say that if you REALLY want something, go ahead and have it, but also make sure that you are getting in some exercise so that you will burn it off later, or your scale will NOT be nice to you! :) (I'm saying that out of experience)
Have a great day!

carla said...

GO YOU!!!

were you able to use exercise as a distraction?

for me it so often DOESNT work and I need to be like Losing Waist.

one slice in a setting where I can NOT get another.

meandww said...

How did you make out?

Unfortunately I have caved to those cravings these last couple of days. Have to pull myself out of the FUNK I am in...

Good for you for going and exercising and not giving in!!

Diana Swallow said...

I love pizza. I've told myself that when I have a craving I can eat it if I go find it in the prepackaged frozen section, portion and calorie controlled.

Susie said...

I fix an individual Boboli pizza when I get craving pizza. Lots of veggies, part skim milk mozzarella and turkey pepperoni. Sometimes it helps me with the craving, sometimes it doesn't.

Isn't it amazing how much power we give food over us? I think we should create a super hero chant for these moments that puts us back in a strong state of mind. I'll have to think about that...

Suz

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting