Monday, October 4, 2010

So, it's been 4 days....

Yep, I have dieted a WHOLE 4 days. That's a record of late! Of course, knowing that this food is costing a fortune has really helped make me stay on it. I got on the scale this morning. Not sure if I should have, but I did. Down 7 lbs. In 4 days? I'm trying not to get to "WOW-ed" by that, but it does make me feel good. Oh, and I do feel good. This not having to weigh or measure or think, I love that! Especially the thinking part. Haha. It really is giving me a sense of portion control. I am staying with this for four weeks, then have decided to go to their 5 day plan. Is it gourmet cuisine? Not really, but it's nothing like nutrisystem either. I did that before and was successful. I chose not to eat healthy when that planned ended.

Just read Debby's post (click here to read it). She talked about choices. We are all where we are at in our lives because of our choices. And a lot of those times, its the bad choices that feel so good and cause so much damage! I too would rather sit down with a bag of potato chips than pay a fortune for this diet program. They taste much better. But, I am trying to make better "choices". When wishing I had chips or pie or whatever, I am trying to change my thinking and and say do I want those chips more than I want to lose weight? You know sometimes the answer is YES! We just have to re-group and get back on track. I have a hard time with that.

Dieting right now I do not feel deprived. Do I WANT something else? Hell yes I do. Do I WANT to be healthier and thinner? HELL YES!!! Right now, 4 WHOLE days in, things are going well.

Thanks Debby for reminding me of my choices. For the most part, my choices in life have been great ones. The daily choices, like putting food in my mouth, not so great. Trying to change that!

Peace out peeps

3 comments:

big_mummy said...

7lb in 4 days!! Holy!! heres hoping you stay on track for another 4... take each day as it comes :)

Kimberly said...

I know that 4 days can seem like a lifetime when you are struggling to get back on track. I am in the same boat. We just need to take a deep breath and take it one step at a time. Congratulations on 4 days of success.

Debby said...

4 days in a row....you rock!

We'll do this....you're right, it's much easier to sit with the bag of chips and it tastes better too....but I guess if eating that is killing us...insert heavy sigh here.

We'll get there my friend. We sure will.

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting