Sunday, April 6, 2008

A NEW BEGINNING

Well, I've created this post, hoping it will help with the weight loss journey I have decided to embark upon. We will see, right? I guess it was my son who put this little notion in my head, as he has just started his own blog. Of course, he's more interesting than I am......................he has a lot more going on than I do. If you are interested in anthropology, forensic, cultural, medical, his blog is www.embracingmynerdiness.blogspot.com. He is the one who got me interested in The Great Sunflower Project that you will see on my Things of Interest. Check it out.

I started weight watchers eight weeks ago and have lost 18.6 lbs. I have many, many more to go and decided I needed to monitor my successes and failures along the way. I really feel different this time as I begin my journey. I pray this feeling continues!!

I am your typical weight story. Have been heavy most of my 43 years. The gaining began in high school and never stopped. I gained and lost with both of my children and then gained again! I have been married for over 25 years now and have a supportive husband. I think he's tired of the weight loss journey, but he will just have to jump on the wagon this time, because this one is a long trip that will never be over. I was heavy when we married and have endured being the fat wife and fat mom. I am ready to just be the normal wife/mom that blends into the background.

I am realizing that this is a lifetime journey, not one that will take to a magical number and then I get off the ride. I am on the ride forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, nice blog. I'm bookmarking this so I can follow your progress. You're doing great!
Diana
(Diana135)

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting