Sunday, April 20, 2008

BACK TO IT!

Okay, got back to staying OP and have lost another 4.4 lbs. for a total of 26 lbs. thus far. I have been sick this last two weeks and its been hard but I have been sticking to it, for the most part. This last week, I had strawberry cake, went to a local catfish place (I had broiled shrimp) and had a few hushpuppies, and even had a coke this week. Now, how did I lose? Well, this is what I THINK happened.

I cut back. I counted each point, for the most part, even when it was strawberry cake or hushpuppies. I made sure I got in more veggies. Its so much easier now that some of the homegrown stuff is coming to the stores. I kept a cut up cucumber next to me while I cooked so when I felt like munching, I grabbed them instead of something awful!!! I didn't get down on myself about eating something fattening, I just shuffled my meals up a little and made the others less fattening. Its a revelation for me, really. I usually beat myself up. I am my own worst enemy. I am taking this so much more "lightly" this time, yet I am being extremely serious with my eating habits. Let's pray I can keep up this attitude. I like it! LOL

For those of you who struggle with weight issues, I know how hard it is. Have been there, hell I am there, everyday of my life and I realize I will be "there" for the rest of my life. WHEN I shed ALL of these extra pounds..........it won't be over. This "DIET" thing, will hopefully have become a way of life. We need to remember that we can do what we want to, but its what we choose to do that makes a difference.

Stay positive!

No comments:

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting