Thursday, January 7, 2010

A little lighter

Okay, so things are a little lighter today. The emotional stress and me as well! LOL I started dieting (so to speak) last week on Thursday and today was my first WI day. I haven't been following WW until two days ago. Just cut out sugar, white flour, junk food, etc.. Making a conscious effort to eat vegetables and fruits. Basically that's all I've done and I lost 2.2 lbs. Yay! So, happy with that, especially since it hasn't been anything strict or in a tidy little box (so to speak of course)

As for my ongoing family struggles, they are still ongoing, but things are a little lighter. Prayer helps so much and even though there are some who don't think it works, I am a true believer that it does. It certainly has for me. Me being the planner that I am, I have difficulty sitting back and waiting for things to happen. The terribly heart-wrenching pain I felt in my earlier post, well isn't so heart-wrenching, but it's still there. Slowly it's being replaced by anxiety.

My father was/is an alcoholic and I went to "al-a-teen" as a teenager and well, many, many times a day I find myself saying the serenity prayer........most especially the part "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change"...Boy that's a hard one for me! Slowly, though, he is granting it! The wisdom to know the difference doesn't come easy for me either....but that's just me! LOL

I truly have so many friends (including those of you here) that are supportive, even though I haven't told them what I am going through, they are magically here for me anyway. God is good!

Now, the "Courage to change the things I can" comes in to play with me everyday with this weight issue that I've pretty much had for the better part of my life. Courage. It takes a lot of courage sometimes to ignore what you want and do what you must. I must do something about this weight, other than watch it go up! So, slow and steady wins the race....well, I am racing then!

Thanks again for all of the prayers!

No comments:

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting