Monday, April 6, 2009

Testing Hell!

So, our achievement tests begin next week for our little kiddos at work. I, of course, am the testing coordinator and am so overwhelmed at the moment. I told my sister that I have so much going on in my head that I feel like Cybil, all the multiple personalities in tow! Help! My principal is out sick and probably will be for, who knows, a year. She came in today (starts chemo tomorrow) to get some things done, which dropped a lot things on my desk. Yippie.

As you can probably tell, I'm not good with stress. I don't strive on it. I do NOT handle it well. I don't want to handle it. Every year I go through this. Every year I hate it. It just seems this year its even harder. I don't know if its due to the principal being out, due to my "blah" state of mind and healthy, or just really, really tired of all of this. Who knows. Like I said, I guess its just that I hate this time of year. I am always excited when the school year starts, but by this time of year, the teachers are cranky, the kids are bouncing off the walls and basically obnoxious, and everybody's nerves are on end. So, coming back after Christmas, its been hard for me to get back in the groove. Damn, I lost my groove. Can I get it back? Maybe not like Stella, but I know I need to do something. The beach vacation cannot come soon enough. That I don't stress about. I go and have fun and wear a bathing suit and say to hell with everyone else, I am having a good time, dammit! This year I am 35 lbs. lighter, so that's an even bigger plus.

Oh, I should've started with this, but when the stress gets so heavy, I forget. How could I forget? I lost 3 lbs. this week. WOO --- FREAKIN --- HOO! With the legs swelling everyday, who'd a thunk it?

So, now that Manic Monday is slowly slipping away, maybe I can turn Terrible Tuesday into Terrific Tuesday!! I have to keep an optimistic attitude.............or the natives will take over and then where will I be? OH, and FYI! Obnoxious children, a piece of cake compared to over-worked, completely stressed, under-paid teachers! I love them all, I really do!

4 comments:

Carlos said...

kick ass loss amid all your stress... you rock

Unknown said...

I completely understand the testing stress. Last year I had to help with all the testing while I was working through my administrative internship. Those made for some seriously long days!

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Fat[free]Me said...

Oh, it is hard the stress thing, you are doing well to keep focussed on your weight loss while all that is stressing you. How long does this testing last? Well done on your achievments so far and keep up the hard work!

bbubblyb said...

Hope things get less stressful for you. Way go to on the 3lbs gone though. Hope that beach vacation comes quick.

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting