Saturday, April 11, 2009

No news is good news

Well, went to the doctor on Friday. MY GP whom I haven't seen in quite awhile. Have been just dealing with the gyno, who decided I needed to see another doctor to check out my heart. He had his nurse do an EKG and put a holter monitor on me. I turned in the holter monitor on March 20th. Well, I still haven't heard from the doctor. So, I called three damned times to see what was going on. So, decided to go back to my GP that I hadn't seen in awhile (insurances changes, etc. took me away from him). So, I got frustrated and made an appt. He listened (which I haven't been experiencing) to my symptoms, did blood work, did a chest x-ray, kidney function test, tested for congestive heart failure, etc. All of the tests were negative. He changed my BP medicine and put me on a stronger diuretic to help with the edema. Put me on some allergy meds, cuz the sinuses are driving me crazy, and started me on something for the anxiety. We will see how that goes. I am feeling ok today. Still having breathing problems. Though we don't know why I am doing this, at least we ruled out blood clots and heart problems. I at least had a doctor sit and explain things to me and not make me feel like I was stupid. It makes me feel better in that respect.

We worked out in the yard all day today. It was nice to have the sun on my face! I truly enjoyed it. I sure am glad daylight savings time is here, I was beginning to feel like a mushroom (in the dark all the time). Had lots of energy today too, so that made me feel good!

I was off Friday so having an extra day off has made me happy as well! Counting down the days to the beach though. I know, I am counting my life away, huh? Naw, just gives me something to look forward to!

4 comments:

*Kristine* said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Glad that you have a doctor who will actually listen to you.

:)

Fat[free]Me said...

It all sounds very positive, getting your health sorted out and the stress under control, will give you a clear path to enjoying getting your fitness back.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!

Debby said...

It's always nice to find a doc that will listen! I hope things get ironed out and you have more days with energy than without!

Mary said...

Hope everything turns out okay and that you do great on the path to a healthier you :)
Working out under the sunshine sounds like fun! I am counting down days to the beach too. I haven't been in years! Let alone wear a swimming suit.

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting