Monday, February 8, 2010

SUPER-SIZED Super Bowl!

Yep, that's right! Nothing was in normal amounts or portions. We had it all. Fried everything was on the menu! Mexican food. Chicken wings. Chinese steamed dumplings (more for the hubby). Lil smoked sausages. Southwestern egg rolls. Chips of all sorts and my favorite Coca Cola! Of course. No, I wasn't watching portion sizes or calories obviously, but I didn't pig out as I usually do. I just couldn't. I am glad I couldn't. I was miserable enough, but somehow, I got a signal that said stop. I don't usually get that signal..........well I might get it but I obviously have learned to tune that damned thing out!! Oh, I forgot the football cupcakes......which were scrumptious! It was all good and I probably gained, but we had a good time and my team won, so hey it was worth it!!!

I usually love the colts and Peyton Manning (he went to UT and so did my son)...but a young man from my son's high school who also was closer to his age and went to UT as well was on the saints team. He is a hometown boy so we had to root for him!! He ALMOST made an interception in the end zone during the last two minutes of the game, but his foot was out of bounds....DARN!

Anyway all is good in the world at the moment. The son and daughter in law are working things out. She is feeling better and in a better frame of mind. Had another snow day today, which is always good for those of us who work for a school system. Of course, the snow came, melted, and the rest of the day was great. BUT, now the snow is back and the superintendent won't go ahead and call schools this evening, she is waiting until the morning because basically, she was made a fool of today. We should've been in school! I feel like crapola, so I enjoyed having the time off and would like another please!! Got a cold/cough from somewhere and could use another do nothing day!

Anyway, gonna go for now!

No comments:

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting